Sunday, July 4, 2010

Preparing for our trip

When I decided to go to El Salvador to volunteer with ASAPROSAR, at first I thought it would be great accompanying my nearly 20 year old daughter, as she figures out her career path in life. Then, I realized....I want to go.

Now, it is less than two weeks until our group of about 20 boards Taca Airlines early in the morning on July 17, to spend 10 days in Santa Ana. We will teach dental care at first to ASAPROSAR's promotoras (health educators), then tour the various programs under the auspices of ASAPROSAR: a heifer program, a microcredit program, and the Barefoot Angels - an after school program for kids ages 5 to 18. We will also teach dental care to families in the rural areas surrounding Santa Ana, distribute toothbrushes and toothpaste, and apply fluoride varnish to children's teeth.

I will be documenting the trip with my camera, video camera - and this blog!

Creating this blog was on my to do list. We are completing our training, getting donations of toothbrushes, toothpaste, fluoride varnish, and preparing a health curriculum for the Barefoot Angels.

Thirteen days and counting until we leave! I'm so excited and I know this trip will be an incredible experience for all of us.

For more information, check out ASAPROSAR under the links.

More news soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment